Optical Beat Interference (OBI) occurs when simultaneous optical upstream transmissions from multiple CPEs (RFoG mini nodes) interfere with each other – a condition that becomes more likely as subscriber densities increase.
In efforts to eliminate the problem of OBI from RFoG FTTH networks, Lindsay offers the OBI-free LBON320ACT RFoG premise ONU device. The LBON320ACT provides OBI elimination in networks with multiple upstream lasers in passive optical splitter networks.
The LBON320ACT device eliminates OBI without compromising network performance and allows operators to deliver higher capacity DOCSIS® 3.0 and 3.1 technologies efficiently. The device provides groups of 8 stable upstream wavelengths, separated by 0.5 nm and thermally controlled to maintain its centre wavelength over temperatures from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F). The user can choose from 8 wavelengths from 1603.5 nm to 1616.5 nm via the interactive front panel on the ONU.
- Eliminates OBI
- User-selectable 8 wavelengths separated by 0.5 nm with the press of a button
- Thermally controlled stable DFB laser rated for -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- LED display shows wavelengths & ONU status
- Input optical wavelength: 1550 nm
- Optical (AGC): -6 to +2 dBm
- Transmit wavelength: 1610 ± 6.5 nm
- Downstream bandwidth: 102-1218 MHz
- Upstream bandwidth: 5-85 MHz
- Output RF level: 20 dBmV @ 1002 MHz
- RF bi-directional test point: -20 dB
- Pwr-On, Opt I/P, Opt TX LED indicators
- Future optional split: 204/258 MHz