Network infrastructure planners must deal with skyrocketing demands for more bandwidth, including in the data center interconnect (DCI) or even in core and metro networks. Network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) continue to push the limits of technology, developing increasingly innovative 400G solutions. Service providers are constantly expanding their networks, looking for more efficient and cost-effective ways to deploy those high-speed circuits. High-speed transceivers (pluggables) are being designed to be smaller and consume less power in order to meet the requirements of delivering high port density at a low cost. In the upcoming 400G world, transceiver testing is of critical importance whenever we are talking about QSFP-DD, OSFP, or even COBO.
The industry is moving forward with smaller, advanced transceivers for shorter wavelengths and with lower power consumption. EXFO offers 400G solutions that are ready for today’s 400G transceivers while being future-proof. 400G switches are migrating quickly to advanced technologies with interfaces that will allow them to increase the port density in a 1RU at minimal cost.
- 400G Ethernet testing capabilities based on the draft IEEE 802.3bs standard
- State-of-the-art Open Transceiver System (OTS) design for full flexibility with current and future transceiver
- FlexE (Flex Ethernet) testing capabilities with low- and high-speed Ethernet clients
- Integrated SFP28/56 (on FTBx-88400NGE), 4 x QSFP28, CFP8 (on FTBx-88400NGE, FTBx-88460) as well as QSFP-DD and OSFP transceiver interfaces (on FTBx-88460)
- SFP28 interface to address the new 25G Ethernet signals and FC32X for added versatility
- SFP56 PAM-4 interface with support for 50G Ethernet testing
- Compatible with EXFO’s LTB-8 Rackmount Platform featuring hot-swap capability for lab use and best-in-class 400G port density with up to two modules running simultaneously
- Compatible with the portable FTB-4 Pro Platform to release the most compact 400G solution—ready for the lab-to-field transition
- Supported by EXFO Multilink, a web-based application for easy multi-user management and remote access
- Supports quick optical transceiver validation and sanity check using
- iOptics, an intelligent pluggable optics test application
- Supports EXFO TFv-Test Function Virtualization, including
- FTB Anywhere floating licenses and FTB OnDemand time-based licenses for ultimate flexibility