The Harmonic Electra® X2S advanced media processor converges the essential components of a video headend onto a cost-effective 1-RU platform.
Featuring integrated real-time encoding, network management, multiplexing, and high-quality graphics and branding, Electra X2S offers broadcasters, pay-TV operators and content providers market-leading video quality, unparalleled function integration and increased operational flexibility.
At the heart of Electra X2S is the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine™, an advanced encoding technology that supports SD and HD formats, and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC codecs for broadcast and OTT multiscreen delivery. The Harmonic PURE Compression Engine powers Electra X2S with superior video quality at minimum bandwidth. Users can also employ EyeQ™ real-time video optimization, Harmonic’s optional enhancement for PURE Compression that ensures delivery of the highest video quality across IPTV or OTT delivery networks while reducing bandwidth consumption by up to 50%.
- SD/HD MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC encoding for broadcast and OTT multiscreen services
- Harmonic PURE Compression Engine and EyeQ technologies for market leading video quality at the lowest bitrates
- Flextream IP statistical multiplexing, including the ability to set target bitrates for each program in a pool
- Broadcast-grade up-conversion
- Slate insertion for service disruption messages
- Rich audio functionality, including AC-4, E-AC-3 encoding and Jünger Level Magic audio level adjustment
- SCTE 27 or Teletext to DVB subtitling