Harmonic’s ProView™ 7100 is the industry’s first single-rack-unit, scalable, multiformat integrated receiver-decoder (IRD), transcoder and MPEG stream processor.
Leveraging Harmonic expertise in Intelligent Function Integration™, the ProView 7100 adds broadcast-quality SD/HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC 4:2:0/4:2:2 10-bit decoding and video transcoding to the feature-rich ProView IRD platform, allowing content providers, broadcasters, cable MSOs and telcos to easily and cost-effectively streamline their workflows and decrease operating costs. For applications in which preserving pristine video quality is paramount, the ProView 7100 supports HEVC 4:2:2* 10-bit decoding of resolutions up to 1080p60.
The ProView 7100 IRD harnesses a flexible and modular design to address the vast spectrum of content reception applications, from decoding, descrambling and multiplexing of multiple transport streams to MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 transcoding. With an advanced and dense multichannel descrambler, the ProView 7100 simplifies the deployment of (or migration to) an all-IP headend solution and powers the launch of added-value services. The flexible hardware design is easily reconfigured with firmware upgrades, enabling seamless adaptation to new inbound video formats and codecs, such as MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC.
The ProView 7100 utilizes powerful processing capabilities to multiplex transport streams that include local and regional data, and also to perform deterministic remultiplexing for SFN distribution. It supports transcoding of up to eight channels of AVC to MPEG-2, allowing programmers to efficiently distribute superior-quality video content while using minimal satellite transponder capacity. Content can be received and transcoded to any resolution required.
- Four TS descramblers with four integrated DVB-CI slots
- MPEG-2 4:2:0 8-bit and MPEG-4 AVC 4:2:2 10-bit decoding
- HEVC decoding of 1080p60 media
- Broad SD/HD format support
- Up to eight channels of MPEG-4 AVC to MPEG-2 transcoding with downconversion option
- Single/dual-channel decoder in 1 RU
- Four stereo pairs of audio decoding
- Four independent ASI outputs
- Four IP outputs with 1+1 redundancy support
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI and analog video outputs
- Any-to-any remultiplexing capabilities
- Deterministic remultiplexing for SFN distribution
- T2-MI deframing to MPEG TS
- Regeneration of PSI/SI and MPEG tables
- Graphical user interface provides easy drag-and-drop management