An ideal solution for digital video environments, including digital simulcast, the BNP supports a variety of services and applications including standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) digital broadcast, switched digital video, zoned and targeted ad insertion, Enhanced TV (ETV), emergency alert and operator messaging services, digital graphic overlays, program substitution and local channel insertion. Receiving input through its Gigabit Ethernet or ASI interfaces, this advanced product can statistically multiplex hundreds of SD and HD MPEG programs while performing concurrent grooming, digital ad insertion and text and graphic overlays. The BNP is fully MPEG-compliant and interoperable with leading cable industry equipment.
The high density of the BNP simplifies and facilitates the operation and management of centralized DPI systems by enabling operators to manage multiple ad zones from a single, central location. This simplified and centralized management allows operators to expand and customize ad zones resulting in increased operational revenue.
The BNP’s digital overlay technology enables the dynamic incorporation of graphics and text on any program providing incremental ad revenue, as well as support for service announcements, logo branding and many other enhanced applications. Offering an all-MPEG, compressed video solution, the BNP is ideal for use by cable operators, broadcasters and programmers, eliminating the need for a secondary decode-encode cycle as required by less efficient video baseband processing equipment.
- Simplified, Grooming, Transrating, DPI, EAS and Digital Overlays
- Based on RGB’s Video Intelligence Architecture (VIA), the BNP dramatically lowers the cost of delivering advanced services in digital video environments.
- The first high-density product capable of supporting grooming, statistical multiplexing, transrating, splicing, and overlays, delivering simplicity and cost-efficiency.
- Transrates video programs with impressively high video quality.
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans offer high availability.
- Support of multiple ad zones from a single device simplifies operation and management.
- Powerful digital overlay technology allows dynamic incorporation of graphics and text on any program, providing an elegant solution for critical enhanced messaging applications, such as Emergency Alert Services (EAS).
- Standards-based control of program substitution enables customized regional program line-ups using external scheduler management.
- Offers Enhanced TV (ETV) application processing for EBIF and EISS with bound, pre-bound and late-binding support.
- DVB conditional access scrambling support allows for deployment worldwide.