The 7707ET is a VistaLINK -capable Ethernet Fiber Transceiver that provides an economical method of transmitting two 10BaseT Ethernet channels or one 100Base-TX Ethernet channel over optical fiber. The transceiver is IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T and IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX compliant. It mediates between a 10/100BASE-TX segment and supports both full duplex and half-duplex operation. Monitoring of card status and parameters is provided locally at the card edge and remotely via VistaLINK. A pair of 7707ET transceivers permits full duplex communication over single or dual optical fibers. Diagnostic LEDs provide indication of power, link status and data reception.
The 7707ET occupies one card slot and can be housed in a 1RU frame that will hold up to 3 modules, a 3RU frame that will hold up to 15 modules, a 350FR portable frame that will hold up to 7 modules or a standalone enclosure which holds 1 module.
- 2 (10 Base T) Ethernet channels or 1 (100 Base TX) Ethernet channel
- Auto negotiation for 10/100 speed and half/full duplex modes
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four digit card edge display or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK
- VistaLINK capability is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR or 350FR frame and a 7700FC VistaLINK Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame
- Local display of optical signal strength, link parameters and link status
- Optical output available in 1310nm, 1550nm and up to sixteen CWDM wavelengths (ITU-T G.694.2 compliant)
- DWDM wavelengths (ITU-T G.694.1 compliant) also available
- Supports single-mode and multi-mode fiber optic cable
- Fully hot-swappable from front of frame with no fiber or Ethernet channel disconnect required
- SC/PC, ST/PC or FC/PC connector options