The FTB-8510 Packet Blazer brings performance assurance to Ethernet-based frame services. It offers all the test and measurement functionalities required to meet service-level agreements (SLAs) between service providers and their customers. This FTB-400-housed module tests transparent connectivity in its native format: 10/100/1000Base-T, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-LX and 1000Base-ZX for LAN-to-LAN services delivered via ATM, frame relay, Next-Generation SONET/SDH, SONET/SDH hybrid multiplexers, switched Ethernet, VLANs, dark fiber, WDM, FTTx systems or other means.
Combined with its rack-mounted manufacturing/R&D-environment counterpart, the IQS-8510 Packet Blazer, the FTB-8510 simplifies and speeds up the deployment of Ethernet services.
- Measures throughput, back-to-back, latency and frame loss as per RFC 2544
- Performs packet jitter measurement (frame delay variation as per RFC 3393) for assessing the capacity of Ethernet transport networks to properly transmit delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice over IP (VoIP)
- Simultaneous traffic generation and reception at 100 % wire speed for 10/100/1000Base-T, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-LX or 1000Base-ZX full-duplex networks at all packet sizes
- Transmits and analyzes up to 10 streams, perfect for installing, commissioning and maintaining layer-2 Ethernet networks
- Dual Test Set feature enables end-to-end performance testing (as specified by leading standards bodies) by controlling a remote Packet Blazer via the LAN connection under test
- Transparent LAN service (TLS) testing with wire-speed full-duplex 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s or 1000 Mb/s traffic-generation capabilities
- Dual test ports for lab benchmarking of Ethernet devices
- Easy-to-use smart user interface (SUI) for configurable screens, customization of test routines, as well as real-time and historical performance reporting
- EtherBERT (patent-pending) for bit-error-rate testing of 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s and 1000 Mb/s Ethernet circuits