EXFO’s FTB-8510B Packet Blazer brings performance assurance to Ethernet-based services. Its wide range of test functionalities provides all the necessary measurement tools for verifying service-level agreements (SLAs) between service providers and their customers.
The FTB-8510B module tests connectivity in its native format: 10/100/1000Base-T, 100Base-FX, 100Base-LX, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-LX and 1000Base-ZX for LAN-to-LAN services delivered via ATM, frame relay, Next-Generation SONET/SDH, SONET/SDH hybrid multiplexers, switched Ethernet, VLANs, dark fiber, WDM, FTTx systems or other means.
Combined with its rack-mounted manufacturing/R&D-environment counterpart, the IQS-8510B Packet Blazer, the FTB-8510B simplifies and speeds up the deployment of Ethernet services.
- Measures throughput, back-to-back, latency and frame loss as per RFC 2544
- Performs packet jitter measurement (IP packet-delay variation as per RFC 3393) to qualify Ethernet transport networks for transmission of delay-sensitive traffic such as voice over IP (VoIP) and video
- Simultaneous traffic generation and reception at 100 % wire speed for 10/100/1000Base-T, 100Base-FX, 100Base-LX, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-LX or 1000Base-ZX full-duplex networks at all packet sizes
- Transmits and analyzes multiple streams, perfect for installing, commissioning and maintaining Ethernet networks
- Dual test set for end-to-end, bidirectional performance testing (as required by leading standards bodies)-remote Packet Blazer controlled via the LAN connection under test
- Dual port capability for 10/100/1000Base-T, optical 100M and GigE
- Expert mode capability to set test thresholds for clear pass/fail test results
- Easy-to-use Smart User Interface (SUI) for configurable screens, customization of test suites, as well as real-time and historical performance reporting
- EtherBERT for bit-error-rate testing of 10, 100 and 1000 Mbit/s Ethernet circuits
- UDP, TCP, and IP header integrity validation
- Remote control capability through the Visual Guardian Lite and VNC software
- TCP throughput measuremen