The 7708GT series Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Transceivers provide an economical method of transmitting 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet channel over optical fiber. The transceiver is IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX and IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-TX compliant, mediates between a 10/100/1000BASE-TX segment. A pair of 7708GT transceivers permits full duplex communication over a single optical fiber or dual fiber. There is a built in two port gigabit Ethernet switch that supports a total bandwidth of 1000Mb/s. Diagnostic LEDs provide indication of power, linkage and data reception. The 7708GT series modules support jumbo frames and spanning tree protocol.
Two versions of the 7708GT allow the user to choose the optimal price / performance / features to suit a particular application. The “-F2” version is designed to receive and transmit over two different fibers and has the lowest insertion loss. This version can operate with Multi-mode or Single-mode fiber. The standard version is designed to receive and transmit on two different wavelengths (1310nm and 1550nm) over a single fiber and can operate with Single mode fiber only.
- Auto negotiation for 10/100/1000 speeds, half/full duplex modes
- Link status monitoring indicators
- Optional VistaLINK enabled for remote monitoring and control
- Optical output available in 1310nm, 1550nm and up to sixteen CWDM wavelengths in the 1270nm to 1610nm range
- DWDM (ITU-T G.694.1) wavelengths available
- Supports multi-mode or single-mode fiber
- Fully hot-swappable from front of frame with no fiber or Ethernet channel disconnect required
- SC/PC, ST/PC or FC/PC connector options
- Jumbo frame support
- Spanning tree protocol support