The SCT2x4 PLUS is a Satellite to Cable Transcoder system designed for the HITS (Headend-in-the-Sky) satellite service. Each SCT2x4 PLUS module contains two independently controlled satellite tuners with input frequency ranges of 950-2150 MHz. This unit is specifically designed for 8PSK transponders using DVB-S2 error correction. Due to the high overall bitrate on HITS 8PSK transponders, all of the programs contained within them cannot be accommodated in a single QAM 256 channel. The SCT2x4 PLUS automatically directs programs across two QAM channels based upon the transponder selection. SAT 1’s programs are directed to QAM1 and QAM 2 while SAT 2’s programs are directed to QAM3 and QAM 4. The four (4) output QAM channels can be grouped in any 42 MHz contiguous bandwidth in the frequency range of 54-864 MHz.
The SCT2x4 PLUS does not alter the satellite encryption used on the program streams. The encrypted streams pass intact through the transcoder and are delivered to the QAM set top boxes where the actual descrambling occurs. The SCT2x4 PLUS may be monitored and controlled via GUI-based web pages from any computer locally or via the internet.
- Supports HITS 8PSK transponders with DVB-S2 FEC
- Equipped with an integrated automatic satellite switch that allows operator to select inputs from 2 different satellites
- Supports ITU-T J.83B QAM 256 output
- Compact design allows for deployment of 4 transcoder modules (8 transponders/16 QAM), including the power & control module, in 3RU
- GUI-based menu, including SNMP-based management, provides remote monitoring/control capabilities