The synchronization needed for the latest mobile deployments requires a high accuracy 1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) to be installed at the very edge of the network with a limited number of hops to the eNodeBs or small cells.
Such high-precision PTP grandmasters exist in the market today. As a matter of fact, Microsemi has deployed more than 300 mobile networks worldwide for 2G, 3G, and LTE using products such as the TimeProvider 5000 and TimeProvider 2700. However, such solutions are often too costly and are a challenge to deploy at the very edge of mobile networks due to power, space, form factor, and other considerations.
For deployments where the distance between the PTP 1588 grandmaster, the eNodeBs and small cells is long, and when the focus is serving indoor cells, then Integrated GNSS Master IGM-1100i is the perfect solution.
But when a GNSS antenna is already deployed in the environment or when the length of the GNSS cable would be short and thus the cost of the GNSS deployment limited, then IGM-1100x is a perfect low-cost, small form factor, mini grandmaster solution for installation in cabinets, huts, or racks serving a limited number of nodes.
The Microsemi IGM-1100x does not integrate a GNSS antenna, but does provides an additional port to the Ethernet RJ45 output, allowing an external antenna such as a L1 GNSS antenna to connect to the unit for precision time.
- Small form factor with single 1 GbE RJ45 port
- PTP profiles: ITU-T G.8265.1, ITU-T G.8275.1 (L2 multicast), ITU-T G.8275.2 (L3 unicast), Telecom 2008, and Ethernet default
- One-step and two-step clock
- SyncE input, output
- PTP input, GNSS backup
- APTS, asymmetry compensation
- Up to 32 clients
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Cable compensation
- 802.1Q VLANs
- GNSS receiver
- GPS, Glonass, Beidou, SBAS, and Galileo-ready
- Time to First Fix (TTFF) of 10 minutes to less than one hour until system lock
- Leverages existing GNSS antennas when available
- Small form factor 1588 PTP grandmaster
- Enables most cost-effective mini GM deployments at the very edge of mobile networks
- Plug and play features reduce deployment time and cost
- Best-in-class sync solution
- Serves precise time and phase to locations such as racks, small buildings, huts, and cabinets
- Deployment flexibility (small size, wall or ceiling-mount, and indoor)