Demands on access networks are increasing at an accelerating rate, requiring a clean-sheet approach to a truly scalable multi-service architecture. DZS’ MXK™ intelligent terabit access concentrator reflects this new approach, with non-blocking capacity of up to 3,600 100Mbps GPON subscribers or 360 1G Active Ethernet subscribers per chassis. Beyond sheer bandwidth, MXK platforms leverage DZS’s well-proven SLMS access operating system for sophisticated service intelligence, to guarantee high quality of experience for subscribers, along with ease of management to address rising costs of network operation.
The MXK delivers these fundamental advances in access networking while meeting the full spectrum of baseline carrier-class requirements for multi-service hardware and software. For residential triple play and high-bandwidth business services over any FTTx architecture, the MXK solution sets a new performance benchmark for the industry.
The MXK family offers a wide range of options for FTTx solutions. It supports Active Ethernet and GPON line cards, and interoperates with indoor and outdoor ONTs. Supporting Active Ethernet and GPON on the same chassis allows service providers to configure their networks with maximum flexibility and efficiency, using a combination of GPON splitters and dedicated fiber connections.
- Unmatched scalability, with initial 400G backplane and non-blocking 20G to every slot
- Superior intelligence and security with proven SLMS access operating system software
- Intuitive, comprehensive management, with CLI, WebUI, ZMS, and new Smart OMCI
- Flawless delivery of multi-play services over any FTTx or MSAP architecture
- Industrial temperature hardened