The world is now awash with affordable bandwidth. Video delivery over IP is rapidly overtaking Satellite and Microwave. Pretty soon many inanimate objects and appliances will have their own IP addresses. The only problem is that the Ethernet/internet protocol was not designed with video packets in mind. The issue is that video packets must arrive at their destination within a set time otherwise they “expire” like spoiled food and are discarded. The other issue with video is that the UDP protocol does not do well with traffic congestion.
ARQ based DOZER is a proven packet loss correction technology that enables reliable delivery of UDP traffic across WANs and LANs. It corrects for packet loss, fixes jitter, and encrypts your traffic with AES 128. It is interesting that low level of packet loss can be found even across dedicated TELCO lines due to TCP packet contention. DVEO’s DOZER operates at layer II of the OSI stack. This makes our technology more resilient and suitable for video and VoIP over wired or wireless links.
The DOZER Rack is designed for compressed video but accepts almost any bitstream with any protocol, with any kind of content. A growing list of customers are using it to transfer VoIP traffic, and others use it to send uncompressed (SMPTE 292) or lightly compressed digital video (NewTek NDI™) across public or private networks and LANs. The DOZER technology can be adapted for any kind of “bit” delivery task as long as there is a twoway connection.
- Completely corrects packet loss and jitter in transmission path
- Available with Failover Option
- Underlying traffic is AES128 encrypted
- Inputs/Outputs: 2 each Gig/E ports or optional 4 Ethernet ports
- Supports IP UDP unicast and multicast, in or out, or both
- Will not examine the transport stream. It merely forwards all packets.
- IP address and ports can be remapped to different ones if necessary in the remote network
- Configurable destination port on listener for firewall traversal
- Can be configured for point-to-point or point-to-multipoint functionality
- Supports up to four destinations in primary/backup or split transmission configuration for redundant or load balanced setups
- Each device can be configured as a sender, a receiver, or both
- One DOZER transmitter can send 50+ channels to 32 DOZER receivers
- Each receiver device can output UDP on a local network to one or many different devices using second Ethernet port on unit
- Also available: Compact DOZERbox™ IP/IP + AES128 based on Shuttle® system