The TXS 3600 is a Multichannel Video and Audio Transcoder which provides a powerful processing engine for linear broadcast transcoding.
Supporting MPEG transport stream inputs and outputs, the product can be configured to transcode up to sixteen PIDs of MPEG2 or H.264 video in a 1RU form factor, along with up to four audio PIDs per video PID.
The TXS uses Sencore’s state of the art video compression techniques to acheive low bitrates and high picture quality. In addition, it provides a wide array of audio codecs which allow decoding and re-encoding to common broadcast formats. The combined solution rivals costly single-channel encoders in both value and performance.
The hardware can be configured and licensed to provide maximum value in any use case, from a single-channel per box up to sixteen channels.
The TXS 3600 carries forward Sencore’s tradition of Ease of Use, providing an intuitive web GUI for unit control and status. It also supports full control through SNMP and a web services API.
- Latest generation compression technology, enabling lower bitrates for both H.264 and MPEG2
- Video Transcoding/transrating of up to 16 HD or SD channels to or from either the MPEG2 or H.264 codec
- Transcoding/transrating up to 4 audio PIDs of any type per video service, including: HE-AAC v1/2, AAC-LC, Dolby Digital (AC3) or Plus (EAC3), MPEG2, Linear PCM
- ASI and IP SPTS or MPTS inputs
- ASI and IP SPTS outputs
- Frame-accurate mapping of captions, SCTE-35 messages, AFD codes, and other ancillary data
- Hot-swappable, redundant, load-sharing power supplies
- Easy-to-use web interface
- Full control, status, and alarm monitoring via SNMP