Optical Beat Interference (OBI) occurs when simultaneous optical upstream transmissions from multiple CPEs (RFoG mini nodes) interfere with each other – a condition that becomes more likely as subscriber densities increase.
In efforts to eliminate the problem of OBI from RFoG FTTH networks, Lindsay offers the OBI-free LBON520ACT RFoG premise ONU device. The LBON520ACT with xPON pass through port provides OBI elimination in networks with multiple upstream lasers in passive optical splitter networks. This device incorporates the necessary filtering for proper rejection between RFoG and 1G/10G PON wavelengths to support GPON and 10G PON overlays with RFoG to coexist on the same fiber network.
The LBON520ACT device eliminates OBI without compromising network performance and allows operators to deliver higher capacity DOCSIS® 3.0 and 3.1 technologies efficiently. The device provides groups of 8 stable upstream wavelengths, separated by 0.5 nm and thermally controlled to maintain its centre wavelength over temperatures from -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F). The user can choose from 8 wavelengths from 1603.5 nm to 1616.5 nm via the interactive front panel on the ONU.
- Eliminates OBI
- User-selectable 8 wavelengths separated by 0.5 nm with the press of a button
- Thermally controlled stable DFB laser rated for -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- LED display shows wavelengths & ONU status
- 1G/10G PON pass through port supporting RFoG & xPON on same fiber
- Input optical wavelength: 1550 nm
- Optical (AGC): -6 to +2 dBm
- Transmit wavelength: 1610 ± 6.5 nm
- Downstream bandwidth: 102-1218 MHz
- Upstream bandwidth: 5-85 MHz
- Output RF level: 20 dBmV @ 1002 MHz
- RF bi-directional test point: -20 dB
- Pwr-On, Opt I/P, Opt TX LED indicators
- Future optional split: 204/258 MHz