Today’s telecom market imposes test challenges that stem from a never-before-seen variety of fiber-optic networks. Ultra-long-haul, high-fiber-count 10 Gb/s and high-speed DWDM networks. CWDM and 2.5 Gb/s metropolitan networks. Passive optical networks (PONs) and other types of access networks. All of these create increasingly specific and demanding testing requirements, making OTDRs more essential than ever for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting networks.
EXFO’s OTDRs deliver the right tools for accurately detecting and characterizing splices, connectors, splitters, breaks and other events along a fiber link. The FTB-7000B provides a wide choice of configurations to conveniently test all types of networks. The FTB-7000D and FTB-70000C enables multiplewavelength testing by combining triple-wavelength capability in a single module. Plus, the FTB-7000D offers extremely short dead zones-perfect for short-distance applications-and faster-than-ever acquisitions.
EXFO’s OTDR modules meet all your testing needs with numerous singlemode and multimode configurations available at several wavelengths. Most important, they are field-interchangeable and compatible with both of EXFO’s rugged, portable test platforms, the powerful FTB-400 Universal Test System and the compact FTB-100B Mini-OTDR.
- Various models and configurations, for first-class testing flexibility
- Singlemode modules: 1310, 1410, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm
- Multimode modules: 850 and 1300 nm
- Triple-wavelength singlemode modules
- Four-wavelength multimode and singlemode modules
- Dynamic range of up to 45 dB
- EXFO Universal Interface (EUI) connector: UPC- and APC-compatible
- Visual fault locator (VFL) option, ideal for troubleshooting LAN/WAN and metro networks
- High fiber counts: Speed up ribbon fiber cable installation with the FTB-9100 Optical Switch. Choose between MTP (ribbon) or SC output connector types. Singlemode or multimode fiber switch modules are available.