The portable SLM 1479 cable/digital TV RF analyzer answers the needs of TV and cable installers and technicians in today’s broadcast and high speed cable TV video delivery networks. It is capable of testing and analyzing digital TV/RF formats including QAM, DOCSIS, 8VSB (ATSC) and NTSC from 5 MHz to an extended 1250 MHz.
The meter provides in-depth RF measurements including MER, BER, PER, EVM, noise margin, constellation, spectral analysis and DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding and dropped packets. It includes simple pass or fail quality indications for easy interpretation of results. Additionally, the SLM 1479 decodes live video and audio from clear streams and displays MPEG information such as service names, video/audio program IDs and MPEG format descriptors.
- 7″ high-resolution touch screen user interface simplifies navigation and makes complex measurement tasks easy
- H.264 and MPEG-2 video decoding; MPEG, AAC, HE-AAC, Dolby AC3 and E-AC3 (DD+) audio decoding
- Extended RF frequency range from 5 to 1250 MHz
- Digital RF measurements including average power/level, pre/post BER, MER, Noise Margin, spectral analysis, and constellation
- Advanced installer meter features including INGRESS mode, LEAKAGE mode, BARS SCAN and TILT
- Optional DOCSIS 2.0/3.0 upstream and downstream testing capabilities, 8×4 channel bonding with automatic lock to CMTS
- Optional optical power meter with interchangeable FCST-SC connector for fiber optic testing (FTTH & FTTX) and troubleshooting
- User definable channel scan testing /logging with automatic quality analysis: FAIL-PASS-MARG
- Alpha/numeric keypad for direct channel/frequency selection
- SMART software PC interface for meter upgrades, channel plans and AutoScan testing/logging management
- Weighs only 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg), H 5.5 x L 9.5 x D 2 inches (14 x 24 x 5 cm)
- Up to 4 hours active battery life with automatic battery saver
- Supplied with padded nylon case, accessories, AC power adapter and vehicle battery charger