The FPM-300 Power Meter is part of EXFO’s new line of handheld units, which includes the FLS-300 Light Source and the FOT-300 Optical Loss Test Set.
- Auto-Wavelength Recognition
The FLS-300 or FOT-300 units can transmit with a wavelength-identification digital encrypted protocol, enabling the FPM-300 Power Meter to automatically use the proper calibration parameters. This feature reduces the need for communication between the two technicians and decreases the potential for error.
- Distant Referencing
Signal encrypting can also give the receiving end information on the power to be used as reference, helping ensure efficient referencing, even when the two units are far apart.
- No Offset Nulling
Thanks to its unique design, the FPM-300 Power Meter reduces measurement time in typical measurement situations, as the need for an offset nulling is eliminated.
- FTTx Ready
EXFO’s FPM-300 allows for the testing of passive optical networks (PONs) at 1310 nm, 1490 nm and 1550 nm, the three wavelengths recommended by the ITU-T (G.983.3) for PONs.
- Highly accurate unit offering 10 calibrated wavelengths and reference values
- Power autonomy of 300 hours
- Three-year warranty and recommended calibration interval, for dramatically reduced cost of ownership
- Ergonomic, eye-catching handheld package