The RSS1-ASI complements already existing RSS models in use for multiple feed DVB-ASI redundancy applications in CATV Headend.
The RSS-1ASI unit houses a single A/B automatic switch and has 2-outputs to feed and provide redundancy to two QAM modulators in a Headend or separate Broadcast transmitters at a remote site.
The RSS1-ASI retains all the features and performance of Tekron RSS Redundancy switching products. It incorporates all remote monitoring, alarm and switch override/control capabilities.
The RSS1-ASI was initially designed in response to demands by Broadcasters for use in remote digital transmission sites, where they need to feed 2 separate digital TV transmitters. We started shipping last month the new RSS1-ASI to international Broadcast customers, in Europe & Asia. We believe that there are similar need and applications for this switch configuration in the CATV Headend in North America.
- Switch back delay
- Fail-safe during power loss to default position
- An optional NEG 48 Volt-DC input socket can be provided with or without power redundancy.
- RF sensing & Threshold switch adjustment
- Remote disabling automatic switch return to main input
- Manual front panel 3-way toggle switch disables automatic switch operation and forces the switch to either main or back input.
- Remote Control
STATUS MONITORING OPTIONS:
- Separate LED’s are available on the front panel to indicate status of each input
- Status indicators (Form-C relay) are accessible from the back of the RSS station to indicate the status of the main and back input presence
- The same relay contact outputs available on the back of the RSS station can be used to drive external devices at the site.
REMOTE MONITOR & CONTROL:
- In addition to the standard back-chassis connections, the following ports are available for remote monitoring, alarm and control of the RSS1-ASI automatic switch:
- Ethernet/IP port for Network connection complete with:
– Built-in SNMP protocol with alarming (snmp-traps), monitor and control.
– Embedded Web-server for remote monitor and control from any Web Browser.
- RS-232 port for modem dial-up connection with:
– DTMF-tone phone-control, with pass-code protection.
– SMC (Windows) software for remote monitor and control.