The RSS-2D is a 1GHz automatic Broadband RF switch designed to provide redundancy to an RF Trunk feeds received at a remote Hub over split-band fiber link. The RSS-2D monitors independently the low and high band of the switch primary input, to switch to the backup input Trunk feed if either the low or the high band RF level of the primary input drops below its threshold setting. In Addition, the RSS-2D split-band Automatic Redundancy Switch can also monitor the backup input Trunk feed to provide local & remote monitoring of both inputs and to prevent switch to the backup input if it is degraded and below its Threshold level setting.
The RSS-2D provides front panel switch override and switch & level status indication. In addition, contact closure inputs are available for remote switch control to override both switch automatic operation and front panel toggle switch. Optional RS-232 and Ethernet/IP ports are also available for remote monitoring and switch control of the RSS station over a dial-up line or an Ethernet Network.
- 1U-high rack-mount chassis
- Monitors independently main input Low & High Band and Broadband backup input
- Broadband switching 5 – 1000 MHz
- Front panel independent Thresholds adjustment
- Local Monitor/control Back plug-in (screw-type) terminals
- Remote monitoring, alarm & control capabilities