The RSS-2B station is designed to switch automatically between three (3) Video and Stereo (Left/Right +SAP) Audio input channels, based on video “Sync” & “black” level and audio presence. It independently monitors main and backup TV channels for its automatic switching operation and alarm monitoring and incorporates adjustable Threshold level & delay with built-in Hysteresis, for each signal being monitored.
The RSS-2B automatic switch is designed for Fail-safe operation, to pass the primary video/audio inputs on power loss. During its operation, unselected video inputs are 75-ohm internally terminated.
When both the main and backup input being monitored drop below their respective video Sync/Black threshold level (or L&R audio levels), the RSS-2B switches automatically to the third external video/audio (emergency) input. It switches back automatically upon signal restoration with a built-in adjustable return delay.
Several configurations are offered to address channel received from a digital source such as DSR (Digital Satellite Receiver) or a Fiber transport feed, in which case the sync is always present. The RSS-2B is offered as a versatile switch which monitors L&R audio, video Sync level as well as video Black presence. It can also be supplied with optional Frame-freeze detection in monitoring the video presence.
- 1U-high rack-mount chassis
- Incorporates 3X1 Video & Balanced L/R-audio +SAP Switch
- Automatic switching & return between 3-inputs, with optional internal V/A generator as third input
- Signal monitored for automatic switching & alarm:
– Video Sync-level & Black presence of A & B inputs
– Stereo L&R audio level of A & B inputs
- SAP audio-follow switching
- Remote monitoring, alarm and control capabilities.