The RSS-2AV/RSS-6AV chassis incorporates (2/6) independent (2X1) automatic video/audio switches with separate stereo-audio inputs, plus SAP audio-follow. It is designed to provide redundancy to TV channels received over fiber & other digital transport links in multi-channel redundancy applications. It is versatile with monitoring capabilities to provide redundancy to digital transport channels, for which video sync monitoring is not sufficient.
Each switch module installed in the chassis accepts (2) video/audio input channels to switch automatically to the backup input channel when the main input video Sync, Black or both Left & Right audios, drop below their respective Threshold level setting. The RSS will switch back automatically to the main input after the faulty signal is restored to a level above its threshold setting.
As in all other Tekron RSS automatic switching and redundancy products, the RSS-2AV incorporates a fail-safe design, that will pass-through the main input channel to the output on loss of power to the RSS station.
The RSS-2AV/RSS-6AV monitors independently the main video and audio inputs of each switch module (Backup video monitoring is optional) for its automatic switching operation, and for remote alarming & status monitoring over an IP-Network.
- 1U-high rack-mount chassis (2U for RSS-6AV)
- Incorporates (2/6) independent automatic A/B switches (Video + Left-Right & SAP Balanced audios)
- Signal monitoring for automatic switching & alarm:
– Video Sync-level & Black presence of main input
– Left and Right audio independently of main input
- Remote monitoring, alarm and control capabilities