The Cisco Remote PHY Shelf 7200 enables service providers to deploy cBR-8 CCAP services to medium-to-large hubs in a cost-effective manner while preparing their networks for future cloud CMTS. This 7-Rack-Unit (RU) Remote PHY shelf works in conjunction with a CCAP core (either physical or virtual) to create a distributed CMTS architecture. It provides cable operators with unprecedented port density and power efficiency in a redundant way.
With Cisco Remote PHY Shelves, you can deploy fewer sophisticated CCAP routing platforms, connected to many smaller-footprint, less expensive shelves. You don’t have to run a large number of full-featured I-CMTS platforms at every hub, consuming huge amounts of space and power as you scale, and requiring advanced onsite expertise to deploy and maintain. You can consolidate CCAP core functions in headends or data centers and leverage existing IP technologies and deploy DOCSIS PHY in remote fields over digital fiber to enable two-way broadband service over cable.
- High port density and power efficiency
- High availability – RPD line card redundancy, power entry modules redundancy, and fan modules redundancy
- Up to 13 RPD line cards (configured as 12+1 redundant); each contains six 1×2 RPD modules
- Support link redundancy on each RPD line card
- Facilitation of hub site consolidation to reduce costs, including capital and operational expenditures
- Future-proof architecture that is easy to migrate as the hardware and control functions are decoupled and deployed in different locations
- Remote PHY compliance, which paves the way for cloud-native CMTS
- DOCSIS3.1 compliance
- Spectrum management (FFT) support