The RSS-2T is designed for the redundancy of analog RF channels, QAM RF channels, and CATV RF-Broadband feeds in Headend and Hub sites. The RSS automatic switching station incorporates two (2) independent A/B switches. Each switch module monitors independently its main & backup input feed for automatic switching operation, and remote status monitoring & alarming over TCP/IP Networks.
The RSS-2T automatic switch covers a wide input RF level range and incorporates front panel Threshold adjustment for each input being monitored. It can be used to monitor feeds before or after Broadband amplifiers, after Fiber receiver, or monitor a single TV channel or QAM channel in the 5 MHz to 1GHz CATV Band. Because The RSS continuously monitors the main and backup inputs, it will only switch to the backup input feed when the RF level of that input is present and above its threshold setting.
The RSS-2T incorporates front-panel switch override capability as well as indication of switch position & level status. An TCP/IP port is available for remote monitoring, alarm and control of the RSS station via SNMP protocol & Web-page. An optional serial port is offered for connection to external modem for dial-up DTMF-tone (phone) switch control in emergency situations. The remote control of the switch overrides in this case, the RSS switch automatic operation as well as the front panel toggle switch.
- Switch: Two inputs to one output, 75-ohm with F-connectors Unselected input is internally 75-ohm terminated
- Frequency Range: 5-1000 MHz
- Nominal Level Input: Typical +25dBmv to +60dBmv operation
- Insertion Loss: 1dB (+or-0.25) Flat from 5MHz to 1000MHz
- Return Loss: Better than 20dB 5MHz to 1000MHz
- Isolation: 70dB minimum 5-1000MHz between inputs & output
- Monitoring: Separate & continuous of main & backup input levels for automatic switching and alarm over IP-Networks
- Switch Threshold: 35dB front panel adjustable range separate for each input
- Switching Hysteresis: Set over IP, designed to protect against flutter
- Switching Delays: Set over IP, separate delay for switch-over & switch-back
- Fail-safe: Switches and passes the main input on power loss
- Switch Control: – TCP/IP Network via SNMP and from Web-page – Front locking toggle override switch for manual control
- Monitor & Alarm: – Ethernet/IP Network Web-page, SNMP and Email-alert – Front panel LED’s & back-chassis plug-in connections to indicate switch and RF input level status
- Remote Settings: – Web-page change of switch default settings to disable automatic switch return and backup input monitoring – Hysteresis and delays before switching