The PEG-NE24-IP-C is a stand-alone H.264 digital video PEG channel encoder with a single SD/HD-SDI, or composite video input, and an IP-encapsulation output via a single SFP Ethernet port. A separate RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port is provided for control and monitoring capability.
For MPEG-2 compression, we offer the PEG PLUS (Item # 1002613B), to support both MPEG-2 or H.264 video.
The PEG-NE24-IP-C features selectable SDI PCM-embedded audio, or analog left and right audio. A Second Audio Program (SAP) channel is available via an SDI PCM-embedded audio track. Audio compression can be either Dolby® Digital, MPEG1-Layer 2 stereo, or AAC stereo.
An optional Zixi output protocol is also available to provide the ability to stream content over an unmanaged network, including the public internet. The Zixi UDP-based video optimized protocol provides professional broadcasters, sports networks, and service providers a mechanism to adapt to the public internet using standard IP networks as a way to ingest and transport broadcast quality video.
An optional rack mount panel is available for up to (3) PEG-NE24 encoders.
- H.264 video encoding
- Selectable SD/HD-SDI or Composite video input
- Supports video resolutions of 480i, 720p, or 1080i
- Second SD only encoded output for backward compatibility with SD only decoders
- Selectable SDI PCM-embedded audio or analog L+R audio
- Dolby® Digital, AAC, or MPEG1-Layer 2 stereo audio encoding from PCM-embedded audio source
- Supports SAP from SDI PCM-embedded audio
- IP output via SFP port (SFP sold separately)
- Unicast and multicast capable
- Built-in watchdog timer with system reboot capability
- Field-upgradable firmware
- Configuration and shutdown control via HTTP server UI and programmable API
- Supports VLAN & QoS for streaming or traffic mgmt.
- SNMP V2
- User-defined PID configuration
- Supports ATSC PSIP tables
- DVB Service information table generation (NIT+SDT)
- Insert custom screen message upon loss of video
- Compositing support to add program PNG logo file