CableOS Core CMTS software powers the Harmonic CableOS software-based CCAP solution, providing cable operators with unprecedented scalability, agility and cost savings. The software performs all CMTS functions, including common control, management and forwarding of IP traffic across the cable access network, and is capable of processing tens of gigs of capacity per rack unit. All DOCSIS-related applications, such as DSG and PacketCable, are supported, as are IPv4 and IPv6 services.
Part of Harmonic’s innovative CableOS software-based CCAP solution, the NSG Pro cable access platform is a versatile system for delivering high-speed data and linear and on-demand video in a variety of converged architectures. The platform offers exceptional flexibility and efficiency, and can be used as a high-density PHY shelf in a centralized CCAP deployment or as a high-capacity IP video core in a Remote PHY deployment.
- Sustainable capacity growth over the long term
- End-to-end support for centralized and distributed architectures
- Enables the migration to multi-gigabit broadband capacity
- Resolves space and power constraints in the headend and hub
- Supports fast deployment of new IP-based data, video and voice services
- Leverages latest technology innovations, including full-spectrum DOCSIS 3.1 and NFV