Wireless Plant extension and Hotspot services are just one truck -roll away. A quick and easy connection at any power passing tap or coupler opens new revenue streams.
The SMHAP is a standards compliant Access Point with an integrated DOCSIS cable modem for backhaul. Single and dual high power 350 mW radios with 802.11n 2X2MIMO technology, support TCP throughputs up 100Mbit full duplex.
The SMHAP can be used in both bridged and routed configurations. Hotspot, Point to Point, Point to Multi-Point and Mesh applications can all be implemented on this extremely flexible device. All variants of the SMHAP are available Mikrotik, RouterOS installed. This powerful networking platform supports advanced routing protocols such as OSFP and MPLS/VPLS. VLANs can be tunneled using L2TP of SSTP with BCP support. Per connection queuing along with 7 Firewall and bridge filters, enforces equal access for all subscribers according to their service class and allows traffic shaping at the edge.
- Die-cast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: wall, pole, vault, mast, or strand
- Dual gaskets provide 15-PSI weather-proof seal
- Temperature cycled, from -40’C to +60’C (-40’F to 140’F)
- Designed to isolate EMI and protect against surges
- Choice of backhaul (DOCSIS 2.0, 3.0 or optical)
- Forward and reverse -20dB test points
- Modem “sweet-spotting” through diplex filters and JXP type attenuators
- Cable plant-powered (40-90 voltage AC)
- Single and dual 802.11a/b/g/n radio options
- Powered by Mikrotik, HP, Ubiquity and additional options
- Omni-directional and directional sector, panel, grid and dish antenna options
- 2 X 2 MIMO two spatial streams
- Supports 16 virtual service communities (SSID)
- Multiple secure management options
- RADIUS interface for authentication, authorization and accounting
- Hotspot, point-to-point/point-to-multipoint operations