The RFS 2150 series provides one or two 2×1 L-band (950-2150Mhz) sensing switches for detecting the presence of RF (primary) and switching to backup (secondary) on loss of primary. It is designed with a DPDT high frequency relay with the off path terminated into 75. The primary RF input is filtered, amplified and detected to operate the relay. When the input level is above the preset threshold, the relay is energized and the primary signal path is selected. If the signal falls below that threshold, the relay is de-energized and the backup is selected.
The RFS 070 RF (5-1000MHz) Sensing Switch provides up to four (2×1) RF detector switches in a single RU enclosure. Each of the RF sensing switches utilizes an DPDT RF relay to switch either the primary or secondary signal input to the output. The pilot frequency is coupled from the primary signal input, filtered, amplified, and detected to operate the relay. When the input level is above a preset threshold, which is adjustable using the front panel potentiometer, the relay is de-energized and the primary signal path is selected. When the signal falls below the preset threshold, the relay is energized and the secondary signal path is selected.
- Manual override control via front panel mounted slide switch for test and maintenance.
- Rear panel mounted barrier strip provides the interface for a set of NO/NC contacts for summary alarm and remote override.
- Ideal for redundancy applications involving backup for failed LNB’s, up/down converters, Ku antenna rain fade and unmanned facilities.
- The threshold adjust via front panel potentiometer
(-60 to +or-20 dBm) for flexibility.
- The RFS 070 also allows for automated, unmanned system redundancy