Finisar’s FCLF8520P2BTL, FCLF8521P2BTL and FCLF8522P2BTL 1000BASE-T Copper Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers are based on the SFP Multi Source Agreement (MSA)1. They are compatible with the Gigabit Ethernet and 1000BASE-T standards as specified in IEEE Std 802.32. The transceiver is RoHS compliant and per Directive 2011/65/EU3 and Finisar Application Note AN-2038. The 1000BASE-T physical layer IC (PHY) can be accessed via I2C, allowing access to all PHY settings and features.
The FCLF8520P2BTL uses the SFP’s RX_LOS pin for link indication, and 1000BASE-X auto-negotiation should be disabled on the host system. The FCLF8521P2BTL is compatible with 1000BASE-X auto-negotiation, but does not have a link indication feature (RX_LOS is internally grounded). See AN-2036, “Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Finisar’s 1000BASE-T SFPs”, for a more complete explanation on the differences between the two models and details on applications issues for the products. The FCLF8522 shall support both RX_LOS pin for link indication and 1000BASE-X auto-negotiation.
- Up to 1.25Gb/s bi-directional data links
- Hot-pluggable SFP footprint
- Extended case temperature range (-40’C to +85’C )
- Fully metallic enclosure for low EMI
- RoHS compliant and Lead Free
- Low power dissipation (1.05 W typical)
- Compact RJ-45 connector assembly
- Access to physical layer IC via 2-wire serial bus
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T operation in host systems with SGMII interface
- 1.25 Gigabit Ethernet over Cat 5 cable