The B1000 HyperCaster is an innovative, cost-effective digital broadcast server that provides IP video origination for up to 20 SD or HD channels. Designed for 24/7 reliability and user-friendliness, the system can be broadcasting high-quality digital video TV channels within minutes of its arrival. Operators can easily ingest, search, manage, and schedule content using a simple, drag-and-drop interface and intuitive program timeline.
By promoting a streamlined, file-based workflow, the B1000 HyperCaster dramatically reduces capital and operating costs and increases productivity. Since the workflow is 100% digital from content ingest to output, and compatible with today’s native IP Gigabit Ethernet networks, the HyperCaster eliminates costly per-channel, real-time video encoders and the power, cooling, and rack space they require. This improved workflow also relieves skilled head-end technicians of the tedious, time-consuming duties associated with managing real-time encoders and legacy analog playout servers. Morale goes up while programming errors go down.
For applications that require baseband video output, the HyperCaster now supports optional integrated decoding to SD/HD-SDI, or Composite/Component/HDMI. Each decoded channel supports automatic up & down conversion, seamless format switching on the fly, MPEG-2 and H.264, and SD & HD up to 1080p. You can run a mix of decoder outputs and digital IP channels off a single HyperCaster. With the new output options, you get the best of all worlds: an IP broadcasting core with multi-format MPEG-2 and H.264 playback and native digital IP switching, and your choice of IP, SD/HD-SDI, Composite, Component, or HDMI outputs.
Key to HyperCaster’s compelling value proposition is its open, IT-friendly Linux platform and support for industry standard codecs. Its interface with CCMS-compatible traffic and billing systems enables such automatic tasks as search and transfer of files from networked storage, missing media notifications, and as-run log verification. And native MPEG-2 transport allows HyperCaster to integrate with digital ad insertion systems and EBIF interactive applications.
- Up To 20 SD or HD Channels
- MPEG-2, SD / HD & H.264 (Optional) Support
- IP StreamThru Digital Video Switching
- PiD Remapping
- Support for ATSC, CableLabs Formats
- Traffic & Billing, Middleware Integration
- IT-friendly; Supports FTP, SMB, HTTP & NTP
- Linux-based Server
- Operate Remotely from any Web Browser
- Customizable Content Categories
- Easily Published Program Guide for your Website
- Redundant Power Supplies
- Hardware RAID Array
- Optional HD-SDI, HDMI, Composite or Component Out
- Seamless On-The-Fly Format Switching
- Automatic Up & Down Conversion (with Decoder Option)
- Low Cost & Easy to Operate
- Supports Centralized, Regionalized, or Edge Architectures
- Store Hundreds of Hours of Content