The RX8200 Advanced Modular Receiver offers ultimate bandwidth efficiency for satellite transmissions by incorporating the option for the new DVB-S2 Extensions (DVB-S2X) standard. DVB-S2X offers up to 20% bit rate efficiency for typical video applications.
Multi-format Decoding – Including HEVC
As a true multi-format decoder, the RX8200 can offer MPEG-4 AVC 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 High Definition decoding in all industry-standard compression formats, including HEVC. By using HEVC compression, combined with DVB-S2X (for satellite applications), Operators can benefit from a step-change
in transmission efficiency.
Content Security and Traceability
The RX8200 protects content to the fullest extent by combining secure, smart-card-less conditional access functionality with forensic watermarking capability to uniquely and imperceptibly mark decoded content – allowing any down-stream leaked content to be traced back to source.
The RX8200 Advanced Modular Receiver offers the user total connectivity through the capability to provide satellite, ASI and IP transport stream inputs – including the latest SMPTE 2022-7 Seamless Switching technology, all within a single unit. With this flexibility the user is confident that their initial receiver investment is capable of adapting to a fast changing industry.
- Base Value Pack: (RX8200/SWO/VP/BASE)
- Easy to use Dashboard web interface
- 1x ASI input transport stream input
- Frame Sync input
- BISS, Common Interface & MediaKind Director descrambling
- MediaKind RAS descrambling
- SD & HD Video output interfaces
- Single service filtering
- 2x Stereo pairs of physical audio connections
- Dolby Digital® decoding and pass-through
- Alarm relay and SCTE 35 controlled contact closures for ad-insertion signaling
RX8200 can be equipped with the following capability via additional Value Packs:
- MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and HEVC 4:2:0 SD/HD decode capability
- MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-4 and HEVC 4:2:2 SD/HD capability
A comprehensive range of input options is also available including latest DVB-S2X satellite inputs, OFDM DVB-T and T2 and IP.