The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router is purpose-built to flexibly adapt to new WAN aggregation and Internet edge requirements over time using the same platform. The Cisco ASR 1000 Series, a critical part of the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture, redefines WAN services by delivering superior system performance, high availability, and integrated services, while reducing operational complexity.
Powered by the Cisco QuantumFlow Processor, the industrys first scalable and programmable application aware network processor, Cisco aggregation services routers feature embedded Cisco IOS Software security services that can be instantly turned on and run at multigigabit speeds without compromising network performance or availability.
- Highly scalable site-to-site and remote-access VPN aggregation with advanced quality of service (QoS) and IP multicast integration
- Advanced perimeter security, application visibility, and high-speed logging
- Detection of and response to distributed-denial-of service (DDoS) attacks on corporate servers and other resources
- High degree of resiliency provided by control plane separation and protection to help ensure nonstop WAN availability
- Future-proof architecture with the ability to add throughput or services while retaining the platform and components
- Operational excellence; multiservice aggregation in a single platform, simplifying operations and reducing training costs