The flexible express CWDM/OADM concept provides the ideal enhancement for your current fiber optic infrastructure.
It will transmit up to 16 connections of different standards, data rates or protocols over one single fiber optic link.
ESCON, ATM, Fiber Channel, Gigabit Ethernet are supported simultaneously, without disturbing each other.
The express CWDM system can also be cascaded: Start with e.g. 4 channels and use the extension port later to access additional applications when needed. Up to 16 channels can be transported this way without extending the fiber optical infrastructure cabling.
Due to its purely passive technology, the express CWDM series is well-prepared for building a fail-safe and maintenance-free backbone architecture.
The new MX-CWDM single-fiber concept in this series is especially made for the situation that only a single fiber is available for transmitting the demanded applications.
This new technology utilizes two adjacent wavelengths for connecting each one data channel bidirectional over one fiber optic line. A matching pair of multiplexers allows the point-to-point transmission of four data channels in both directions.
- Passive CWDM multiplexer with 2, 4, 8 or 16 channels
- Optional extension and cascading ports for network upgrade or add-and-drop
- Up to10 Gbit/s per channel
- Compliant to ITU-T G.694.2 CWDM standard
- Easy integration of new services over existing fiber optic lines
- Low-cost transceivers applicable, existing equipment can still be used
- Metro distance, up to 80 km
- Fully transparent to all data rates and protocols
- Entirely passive device, no power supply needed
- Enterprises and Carriers/Telcos with Fiber Infrastructure
- Access to Additional Applications via Existing Links
- ATM, Escon, Fiber-Channel, Giga-Ethernet Simultaneously
- Cost-Effective Transmission of High Data Volumes
- Ideal Solution for Metro-Core, Metro-Access and Enterprises