The Harmonic CableOS Reef Dense Remote PHY Shelf (RPS) is a 2 RU indoor platform for networks tasked with delivering and fully converging data, voice and video services over coax and defining a new category of Distributed Access Architecture (DAA).
Fundamentally changing the business dynamics of cable delivery, CableOS introduces cable operators to unprecedented scalability, agility and cost savings. The end-to-end solution supports centralized and distributed cable access architectures that enable the fast deployment of IP-based data, voice, video and legacy services — and sustainable capacity growth. All CableOS components work together to resolve space and power constraints in the headend and hub, eliminate dependence on hardware upgrade cycles, and provide multi-dimensional scaling. The Reef Remote PHY Shelf is a new addition to Harmonic’s CableOS cable access solution.
Dense, compact and cost-effective, the Reef RPS houses up to nine modular linecards, each with two independent Remote PHY devices (RPD’s) of 1DSx2US ports, for a total of 18 service groups. The Reef supports complete service convergence for an end-to-end service deployment, including data, video and legacy out-of-band services. All services can be combined and transmitted from a single RF port connecting directly to lasers, saving space, power and wiring, and greatly simplifying indoor facilities by eliminating splitting and combining while leveraging the existing outdoor plant elements.
- 2 RU modular chassis hosting up to 18 RPD’s at total density of 9RPD/RU
- 9 linecards per chassis, each with 2 RPD’s
- Passive chassis with full hot-swap design
- 2 redundant, load-sharing PSU’s, with AC or DC powering options
- Low power consumption: 35W per RPD, 620W for whole chassis
- Configurable DS power and tilt
- Supports DOCSIS 3.1 DS
- Complies with CableLabs MHAv2 spec for R-PHY architecture
- PTP (IEEE 1588) synchronization
- Highly reliable mechanical design, based on the field-proven NSG9000 chassis