Enable your preferred access point (AP) or IP camera with this low-cost, Lindsay TOUGH DOCSIS-based infrastructure.
Flexibility matters in 802.11 deployments. The Lindsay Broadband DOCSIS gateway (LBDG) allows the use of any AP, IP camera, etc. on the HFC strand. You can use a Lindsay recommended or any AP (or other IP device) that accepts passive power over Ethernet (PoE).
Designed to maintain reliability but minimize costs, the hardened LBDG uses a standards based DOCSIS cable modem that is wholly under the control of the MSO. It can be used in conjunction with SNMP monitoring systems to evaluate cable plant line conditions.
- Die-cast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: wall, pole, vault, mast, or strand
- Dual gaskets provide 15-PSI weather-proof seal
- Temperature cycled, from -40’C to +60’C (-40’F to +140’F)
- Designed to isolate EMI and protect against surges
- Choice of input (DOCSIS 2.0 or 3.0)
- Cable plant-powered (40-90 voltage AC)
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI): -100 dB
- 6Kv Surge protection
- HFC access at any directional coupler or power-passing tap
- Weather-tight RJ-45 Ethernet connector
- Coax power interface protects RF performance of HFC plant
- Passive PoE 24 or 48 VDC or custom for powering IP devices
- Monitor and configure via SNMP agent, SSH or Web browser
- Add Wi-Fi, camera or other service-enabling device