The MX-A5100 Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) has been designed for CATV, FTTH and HFC applications. This optical amplifier is packaged in a 19″, 1 RU rack mount housing, and can be optionally ordered with an outdoor casing to provide a complete optical communications solution. Maxcom also offers our MX-A5400 platform which can be ordered with 8, 16 and 32 output ports.
The EDFA is designed to extend a 1550 nm CATV system fiber without the need to convert back to RF. Combined with our MX-T8500 series externally-modulated laser transmitter, system ranges of over to 200 km are possible when using multiple EDFA’s.
The MX-A5100 series is a CATV booster EDFA with a gain spectrum band within 1540-1565nm. It is designed for the application of single channel, or 1-8 continuous ribbon channels (ITU wavelength). Typically, a fiber CATV system operates in single wavelength that has no strict requirement on gain flatness. The MX-A5100 booster amplifier is featured with low NF and high-saturated output power. It is applicable for Primary Headends, Secondary Headends, Hubs, OTN’s and line relay, as well as other optical communication networks. The MX-A5100is applied commonly and widely compatible with other EDFA’s and Transmitters in a CATV system.
- 1540-1563nm operating bandwidth
- Low noise, high output, high reliability
- Powerful RS232 supervisory instruction
- Single Rack unit size1U (19″rack mount)
- Status and diagnostic fault indicators with LCD, standard RS232 communications interface, SNMP network management option
- Excellent P/P ratio
- Output power available is from 13 dBm to 26dBm.