The first member of the all-new Harmonic ProView™ 8000 family of integrated receiver-decoders, the ProView 8100 single-channel commercial decoder and descrambler is a compact, fully featured unit for general-purpose primary distribution applications.
With the ProView 8100, migrating to an all-IP headend and powering the launch of value-added services has never been easier. Users can receive DVB-S/S2, IP or ASI signals, decode SD and HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC transport streams to baseband, descramble encrypted programs, and output content to analog or digital. Reception of broadcast-quality video over the Internet is also supported. Harmonic’s superior video quality and low latency ensure the timely distribution of content at resolutions up to 1080p50/60.
- Single-channel SD/HD MPEG-2/MPEG-4 AVC decoding and descrambling
- DVB-S/S2, DVB-ASI and IP inputs
- Two independent RF ports
- Reception of broadcast-quality video over the Internet
- Simultaneous HD-SDI and SD-SDI output
- High-quality HD-to-SD downconversion
- 3G HD-SDI output supports 1080p60 workflows
- ASI, IP, HDMI and analog video outputs
- 4:2:0 subsampling
- Integrated BISS and Verimatrix® support, dual DVB-CI slots
- Front-panel controls and intuitive, web-based GUI
- Compatible with Harmonic DMS video distribution management system