The 7890IXG provides an ideal option for delivering high-quality contribution video over unmanaged IP networks. With the proliferation of greater Internet access bandwidth, broadcast professionals have a viable economical alternative to transporting video over higher cost dedicated managed IP links or fiber optics.
The 7890IXG can feature Forward Error Correction (+FEC Option) which allows for a seamless error–free delivery of audio and video streams over any network that is not optimized for media transport. For streaming security the 7890IXG is capable of AES128 encryption of streams (+E128 Option).
In addition to an on–board web interface, the 7890IXG module is VistaLINK® capable, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This offers the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from an SNMP capable NMS.
The 7890IXG is a one slot module that can be housed in the 7800FR or 7800FR–QT frame which have a 15 module slot capacity.
- Broadcast Quality Transport Over unmanaged IP networks
- Advanced rate control for maximum link utilization
- Forward Error Correction available (+FEC option)
- Stream secured using high–strength encryption (+E128 option)
- Fast media services launch
- Transmit or Receive transport streams on a per license basis
- Compatible with cloud services server to send streams to multiple IXG clients
- Supports IP and ASI transport streams
- Low cost media contribution over unmanaged IP networks
- Fast deployment of ad–hoc media services
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP
- Redundant power supply chassis
- Hot–swappable module without need for re–cabling in event of failure
- Portable or rack mounted frame assemblies
- High density approach offers 15 modules within 3RU