OTT Streaming and Linear TV Market Challenge
You deliver video content to viewers across large multi-vendor networks. When delivering video over ABR Streaming or Linear TV networks, you must be able to identify potential problems before the viewer is adversely affected; and when issues do affect the viewing experience, you need to know who is affected, pinpoint the root cause of the issue as quickly as possible, and get right to the task of returning the system to peak performance. You also want to know where to make network improvements to prevent future occurrences of the same problem.
You collect performance and quality data from many Telestream iQ acquisition elements across the network, but manually checking the status on each individual acquisition element is an inefficient, lengthy way to get the necessary knowledge. You need to automatically aggregate and correlate that data into actionable intelligence; Answers, not just data.
Telestream’s Intelligent Video Management System (iVMS® ASM) provides a comprehensive, real-time view into the health of your adaptive streaming video and/or linear TV services.
- Metric collection from hundreds of iQ acquisition elements provides a comprehensive video service view
- Live troubleshooting workflow provides asset views and details, monitoring points and integrated viewership analytics to ensure proper impact assessment
- Customizable user experience with roles and profiles means each user sees only the screens and data they need
- Post event troubleshooting workflow with drill downs and reports for quick health assessments and deep dive problem analysis – full manifest content, HTTP responses, and segment details
- Up to 30 days of performance data storage for trend analysis
- Open API for iVMS ASM system configuration and access to the metrics & information
- Customizable SNMP and e-mail alerting for the real-time intelligence of critical events
- Broad set of standard reports for performance analysis, Live and VOD services, advertising, ABR text tracks and closed captioning
- Automated and Scheduled Reports
- Integrated End Client Analytics with Nice People at Work (NPAW)
- Browser-based user interface with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for user authentication
- Appliance and virtualized packages to meet the needs of both physical and cloud infrastructures