The Synamedia® D9800 Network Transport Receiver is the most versatile receiver designed offering hardware configurability and Over The Air (OTA) licensing that allows content providers to customize the product to support the gamut of their applications. Designed to support High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and Ultrahigh-Definition (UHD) delivery over satellite and IP terrestrial content distribution networks requiring Digital Video Broadcasting – Satellite (DVB-S), Digital Video Broadcasting – Satellite – Second Generation (DVB-S2), and IP reception capabilities, futureproofing the next network expansion. The D9800 chassis is available in a single stream variant for decoding to baseband digital or analog video and multi-stream variant for bulk decryption and high-density transcoding applications.
The single stream variant focuses on single service video decode applications. The integrated video decoder can decode an MPEG-2, Advanced Video Coding (AVC), or HEVC video-encoded service and output the Serial Digital Interface (SDI) or composite uncompressed video. The D9800 is capable of outputting simultaneous High- Definition (HD) and down-converted Standard Definition (SD).
The multi-stream chassis is targeted towards applications that require decryption and/or transcoding on multiple video services within a transport stream or multiple transport streams. The optional satellite front end has four demodulators for sourcing content across transponders belonging to the same programmer. The multi-stream chassis can decrypt up to 32 PowerVu services and transcode up to 16 services of AVC to MPEG-2 making it ideal for content providers carrying a high number of channels. The optional high density HEVC card adds the ability to transcode from an HEVC encoded source.
- Four independent RF inputs with licensable independent tuner/demodulators
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) based on SMPTE 2022 for MPEGoIP input and output
- DVB-S Quaternary Phase Shift Keying (QPSK) demodulation
- Licensable DVB-S2 QPSK and eight-phase shift keying (8PSK)
- Synamedia PowerVu® conditional access with Data Encryption Standard (DES) or DVB descrambling
- Optional DVB-CI support for CAM-based conditional access
- Aspect ratio conversion (4:3, 16:9, 14:9) with Active Format Descriptor (AFD) control for SD programs
- AFD support for down-conversion of HD programs with aspect ratio conversion
- Fingerprint-triggered output to identify piracy sources
- Field-upgradeable software
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for setup, control, and monitoring
- Front panel Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for control and monitoring
- Web browser interface for easy setup, control, and monitoring
- Digital program mapping providing uplink control for service replacements in blackout areas
- Synamedia Live Event Controller support
- Satellite disaster recovery support with Synamedia PowerVu Network Center uplink control (V12.5 or later)
- Onscreen display support on transcoded or baseband output
- Ancillary data support: ST2010, ST2016, ST2031, ST334, OP-47, ST2038