A simple-to-use fiber-tester, Optical Xplorer™ verifies optical links in seconds and automatically explores further when potential issues are suspected. It’s the first optical fiber multimeter—a new category of specialized tools empowering frontline technicians to do more while reducing OPEX and CAPEX.
Designed for installation, service activation and repair, including in-service testing of singlemode links up to 40 km, in all applications, including: FTTx last mile/access networks; Data centers; FTTH point-to-point; 5G fiber roll-outs; Fiber health check-ups; Power-level testing; Insertion loss and ORL testing; Fiber-break location; Fault identification and location (splices, connectors, macrobends).
Optical Xplorer™ has been designed from the ground up to tackle the challenges ahead and simplify testing. Optical Xplorer allows streamlined procedures that reduce delays and escalation costs on the field while freeing up expert technicians to focus on more relevant tasks.
Optical Xplorer is the industry’s first optical fiber multimeter (OFM), a new purpose-built category of tools empowering frontline techs to effectively carry out installation, activation and repair operations. Optical Xplorer speeds up link health verification with embedded fault tracking — all in one single-ended test that’s quick and easy.
- Displays fiber length, loss and optical return loss (ORL) in under 3 seconds, with single-ended process
- On-the-spot detection and location of common causes of failures using EXFO’s patented Fault Xplorer™
- Intelligent device: no settings required—making it an essential multimeter for any frontline technician in their toolkit
- Built-in power checker and light source
- Patented EXFO Advisor™ 5-star rating scale: qualitative approach to assess fiber links
- A go/no-go tester for day-to-day installation and repair work
- Save on cost of ownership: lifetime calibration, no factory returns thanks to EXFO patented Click-Out™ optical connector
- Rechargeable battery for over 10 hours of use on a single charge
- 3-year warranty