Part of EXFO’s new line of handheld units, the FOT-300 Optical Loss Test Set is the only tool of its kind to solely offer basic OLTS features and functions, providing it unparalleled cost-effectiveness.
- Auto-Wavelength Recognition
The FOT-300’s built-in source can transmit with a wavelength-identification digital encrypted protocol, so that any compatible unit-the FPM-300 Power Meter and the FOT-300’s receiver-can automatically use the proper calibration parameters. This feature reduces the need for communication between the two technicians and decreases the potential for error.
- Distant Referencing
Signal encrypting can also give the receiving end information on the power to be used as reference, helping ensure efficient referencing, even when the two units are far apart.
- No Offset Nulling
Thanks to its unique design, the FOT-300 Optical Loss Test Set reduces measurement time in typical measurement situations, as the need for an offset nulling is eliminated.
- Highly optimized OLTS integrating a power meter port and up to three singlemode sources or two multimode sources on a single port
- Power autonomy of 260 hours
- Three-year warranty and recommended calibration interval, for dramatically reduced cost of ownership
- Ergonomic, eye-catching handheld package
- FTTx Ready allows for the testing of passive optical networks (PONs) at 1310 nm, 1490 nm and 1550 nm, the three wavelengths recommended by the ITU-T (G.983.3) for PONs.