The FTB-5240S OSA test module, housed in either the FTB-200 Compact Platform or the FTB-500 Platform, is purpose-built for fast and accurate dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) network commissioning and high-speed networking-up to 40 Gbit/s.
Housing the FTB-5240S in the FTB-200 platform makes it the smallest, high-performance, portable solution for spectral characterization of next-generation networks on the market. When equipped with in-band optical-signal-to-noise-ratio (OSNR) measurement capabilities in the FTB-500 platform, this versatile OSA can also be combined with the FTB-8140 Transport Blazer 40/43 Gigabit SONET/SDH/OTN Test Module to create a unique test solution for commissioning reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADMs), packet optical transport platforms (POT-Ps) and 40 Gbit/s systems.
- Truly portable spectral characterization for DWDM network commissioning
- In-band OSNR measurement for 40 Gbit/s and ROADM deployments
- Automated channel discovery feature for easy setup and measurement
- Over 90 dB dynamic range per scan
- High-power option, ideal for multiservice operators and CATV operators