The Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) combines Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers and B-Series Blade Servers with networking and storage access into a single converged system that simplifies management and delivers greater cost efficiency and agility with increased visibility and control. The latest expansion of the Cisco UCS portfolio includes the new Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server (one rack unit [1RU]) and Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack Server (2RU) and the Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Server. These three new servers increase compute density through more cores and cache balanced with more memory capacity, disk drives and with faster I/O. Together these server improvements and complementary Cisco UCS advancements deliver the best combination of features and cost efficiency required to support ITfs diverse server needs.
The Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server is designed for performance and density over a wide range of business workloads, from web serving to distributed databases. Building on the success of the Cisco UCS C200 M2 Rack Server, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS C220 M3 server further extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS portfolio in a 1RU form factor with the addition of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family, which delivers significant performance and efficiency gains. In addition, the Cisco UCS C220 M3 server offers up to two Intel Xeon processor E5-2600s product family, 16 DIMM slots, eight disk drives, and two 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) ports, delivering outstanding density and performance in a compact package.
- General purpose, suitable for nearly all 2-socket applications
- Unique Cisco UCS P81E Virtual Interface Card: 2 x 10GE PCIe that can support up to 18 PCIe virtual interfaces.
- Exceptional building block and entry point for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Cisco continually innovates in server technology and in all levels of the Cisco Unified Computing System
Specifications at a Glance:
- Up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor product family
- Up to 256 GB of RAM with 16 DIMM slots for memory-intensive applications
- Four or eight SAS/SATA/SSD drives
- 2 PCI Express Gen 3 slots and two 1GE LAN interfaces on the motherboard
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for authentication and tool-less access