The 7707BPX is a wide band 2×1 optical protection switch that provides auto-changeover functionality by detecting changes in the optical input power level.
The 7707BPX has integrated VistaLINK technology for remote control and monitoring capability via SNMP. This provides the user with the ability to locally or remotely configure and monitor parameters such as module status, selected input, power level and switching threshold.
In the application of auto-changeover, the 7707BPX can be configured to have a MAIN input and a STANDBY input. In this configuration, it will automatically switch to the Standby input when the Main input power is weak or lost. It can also be configured to have auto or manual switch back to the Main input when the signal is re-established.
The 7707BPX occupies one card slot and can be housed in a 1RU frame that will hold up to 3 modules, a 3RU frame that will hold up to 15 modules, a 350FR portable frame that will hold up to 7 modules or a standalone enclosure which holds 1 module.
- Intelligent auto-switching with input power detection and user-definable thresholds
- Supports automatic or manual control via SNMP or GPI
- Fully hot-swappable from front of frame with no fiber disconnect/reconnect required
- Accepts any wavelength in the 1270nm to 1610nm range
- Supports single-mode fiber optic cable
- SC/PC, ST/PC or FC/PC fiber connector options
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four digit card edge display or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK capability
*7707BPX to be used ONLY in Single Mode Fiber applications