The Synamedia® Virtual Digital Content Manager (Virtual DCM) represents a new generation of virtualized and software-based video processing, providing advanced video, audio, and metadata processing for live multiformat video delivery. It enables broadcasters, content providers, and service providers to deliver best-in-class viewing experiences while meeting their service requirements for premium picture quality, bandwidth efficiency, and multiscreen transcoding.
Implemented as a set of virtualized video functions on a cloud-based Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) infrastructure, the Virtual DCM accelerates the support of new features and innovation in software. It optimizes costs with flexible deployment options across a pool of common compute resources and enables service portability between both hardware and software resources.
- Multicodec and multiscreen adaptive bit rate transcoding
- Multicodec and multiscreen adaptive bit rate encoding using Uncompressed over IP interfaces
- Ultra-HD HEVC transcoding and Encoding including High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
- Statistical multiplexing
- Optimized bit-rate for ABR via Synamedia’s Smart Rate Control that is based on Synamedia’s patented “Stream Video Quality” objective measure technology
- Intelligent remultiplexing
- Content protection
- Integrated Low-Delay PUSH Packaging
- Advanced and hierarchical redundancy including Hitless Merge, Transport stream backup and Service level backup