The MX-T8500HC Series 1550nm High Performance Externally Modulated Optical Transmitters are a high performance, dual optical output transmitters designed for analog and digital CATV QAM signals. Maxcom’s 1550 optical amplifiers adopt world class pump lasers and American OFS erbium-doped optical fiber components. Excellent APC, ACC and ATC control, superb design in the ventilation and heat-dissipation ensure long life and a highly reliable operation of the pump laser.
1550nm externally modulated technology for the optical transmitter has no laser chirp, low dispersion distortion, and a large extinction ratio, with excellent characteristics within 40-862MHz. The External Modulator does not generate CSO distortion after reasonable bias. It can be followed by an EDFA when used in large area coverage and very-long trunk and local networks. Adopting WDM, multi-wavelength optical channels can be added and transmitted through one fiber, complimenting current developments and trends relative to triple-play and fiber to home.
- High performance: Externally modulated technology, no laser chirp, low dispersion distortion, high extinction ratio, with excellent characteristics within 40-862MHz.
- Narrow bandwidth (0.65MHz), lower noise, DFB continuous wave laser, is propitious to reduce the influence of dispersion.
- The operating bandwidth is up to 47-870MHz.
- CNR ≥53dB and excellent CTB, CSO index.
- SBS: 13-18dBm adjustable.
- ITU standard wavelength.
- AGC/MGC mode is selectable. OMI can be optimized at unit.
- RS232 communication interface.
- Advanced SNMP network management function.
- 1+1 power supply backup, automatic switching.
- Auto-control chassis temperature.
- Excellent P/P ratio.
- Used in primary links and distribution network links in large and medium CATV system head-ends. Analog digital hybrid transmission >200Km (with dispersion compensation).
- Pure digital transmission (without dispersion compensation) >400Km, (with dispersion compensation) >700Km.