The Drake EH244 Series Encoder Host Chassis provides an ideal platform for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 H.264 video encoding needs due to its many flexible and configurable output options. Designed to house any combination of Drake’s popular High Definition or Standard Definition encoder modules the EH244 is designed with a total of 6 input bays and an internal multiplexer that allows the user to construct custom program multiplexes and output them in any combination of RF QAM, ASI (transport stream) or IP based on the output configuration ordered.
By offering these flexible options customers can purchase a single output configuration based on an exact need to stay within budget or choose multiple output configurations to support both current and future needs such as RF QAM and IP. Common to all EH244 chassis are an RJ-45 Ethernet management port and an ASI data port for low data rate applications such as EAS (Emergency Alert) and DTA set top box control data to support Drake’s All Digital Bandwidth Recovery Solution. For applications that require ASI for program stream distribution the Quad ASI option must be ordered.
- Flexible and scalable platform provides cost effective SD or HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 encoding solution
- Compact 2RU Chassis houses up to 6 Drake Encoder Modules
- Front panel display and control in addition to GUI based remote interface
- Available with any combination of RF Quad QAM, IP or Quad ASI Output
- Encoder cards available to support Composite Video, Component Video, HDMI and HD SD SDI
- Supports both Dolby AC3 and MPEG1 layer2 audio encoding
- EAS Ready (Emergency Alert) Program Replacement and SCTE18 are both supported