The SCORPION-2 Media Processing Platform is a miniature form factor, multi-service signal conversion, aggregation enclosure capable of simultaneously transporting video, audio and data services over 1GbE/10GbE and 25GbE Ethernet WAN networks (when equipped with MIO module capable of 10GbE or 25GbE IP processing). Using the SCORPION series of Mini I/O Modules, the SCORPION-2 is highly flexible and can accommodate a multitude of signals including single-link 12Gb/s SDI, Ethernet, MADI, AES, HDMI, intercom and serial data. The SCORPION-2 will take on the function of the MIO module installed and can become a standalone IP gateway or dark fiber media converter.
When combined with other SCORPION form factors including the 1RU SCORPION-X18 or SCORPION-4, the SCORPION-2 becomes part of an integrated, scalable transport network with point-to-point, ring and hub-and-spoke configurations enabling the sharing of content from different sites using different transport media.
The SCORPION-2 possesses a compact fanless form factor, and is designed to be operated in portable and/or low noise environments. The SCORPION-2 is ideal for mobile and live sports production applications.
- High density and fully modular in a miniature form factor
- All in one platform to handle video, audio, data transport needs
- Up to 2x Mini I/O Modules can fit into the standalone frame
- Up to 4x SFP Ports for transport connectivity
- Supports MSA SFP transceivers
- Diverse signal Types such as 12G/6G/3G/HD/ASI, Ethernet, Serial Data, Intercom, HDMI, USB and Intercom
- Onboard signal integrity and link analysis
- Multiple control options including SNMP, Web Access, Control Panels and MAGNUM
- Fanless operation with integrated heatsink for power dissipation